Your current location:Home >> About Us >> Cooperation 【back】
University of Western Sydney (UWS)
Adjust the font:little middle big  

The University of Western Sydney (UWS) is one of the largest universities in Australia  but being a multi-site university  each campus has a relatively small population. That makes for a friendly and caring environment it also makes learning and succeeding a lot easier. The University provides a variety of support services to students including counselling  learning assistance  student tutoring and academic mentoring. The University offers international students a range of accommodation options. These vary from campus to campus.  On-campus accommodation is offered on our Blacktown  Campbelltown  Hawkesbury and Penrith campuses.  Alternatively  the University can assist students with off-campus accommodation requirements. The University encourages staff to respond to changing technological and theoretical trends and to apply the knowledge gained in their teaching programs. UWS offers a range of internationally recognised degrees in more than 100 course areas  including  agriculture and horticulture; arts and humanities; business; communication  media and design; engineering  environment; food sciences; health sciences and nursing; interpreting and translation  languages; law; policing and criminology; psychology; social sciences; sport studies; teaching/education; tourism and hospitality.In addition to the support services offered by the university to all students  a range of extra services is provided to international students to enable them to maximise their chances of academic success. The university provides a number of International Student Advisors who are responsible for providing Pre-Departure Programs  Mentor Programs  Airport Reception and Orientation Programs and general advice on all aspects of student life. They represent international student interests in the university  act as advocates on behalf of international students on both academic and welfare issues  and provide advice  support  referral and information to students in areas such as visa extensions  family support and academic support.